Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Doing good..

The Jennerator is doing well...still bubbling slowly away - the recipe I have said primary fermentation would take 2 weeks. It was 2 weeks on Sunday and it is still going...not a big deal - the beer tells you when its ready - not the other way around. Probably another week or two - then rack to secondary. This will take 3-4 weeks and is done to condition and "lager" the beer.

I spoke with the owner of Heater Allen Brewery this morning. He was very helpful and I learned a lot. Mainly that I have a long way to go and really know nothing about brewing on a commercial scale...but it was fun. I gave him a bottle of Mustang Sally as a thank you - he seemed to get a kick out of the name. I bought 2 bottles of his doppelbock and am looking forward to trying them.

No comments: